Thursday, March 19, 2009

With Friends Like These...


Brian and Lisa have been my friends for over three years. Brian used to be my Legislative Director; he informed the way I look at my job, educated me in the ways of the catty, and taught me to fly - his terminology for going out on my own in my career here. In a way he is my mentor. It's always fun to talk to Brian because I love to play to his inner snob - like last night at my boss's fundraiser we were chatting about his $5,000 suits and then conversation turned to how one of his coworkers who was staying with him loved his house because it was "out of a Pottery Barn catalog." Brian was shocked! Shocked! because he did loathes the idea that his style is contained in a store located in most malls. Oh my gosh Brian, make sure your wooden houses, and rattan globes have been dusted and properly arranged.

Lisa was our scheduler for more than a year and now she works for the Majority Leader. She's fancy now. She's originally from Denver so we have had lots to talk about -- mostly about missing the West and how much we pretend-hate our jobs. And her cats -- she's a bit of a cat lady. Oh, also how much we love food and how hungry we always are. But me less so. She eats a lot.

These people mean a lot to me. Oh, and Brian turns old (40) on Katherine's birthday. He thinks it's distinctive. I guess. We humor him.

1 comment:

  1. Of course I am shocked. I would never own anything from Pottery Barn! I was going for an Elle Decor look or at the very least Metropolitan Home. But Pottery Barn?! I am still incredulous!

    ReplyDelete