We are not a pretty bunch here in Washington, DC. I can point to countless Members and staff that would not win any sort of beauty contest. I can also point to a countless number of Members and staff that have proudly had their photo taken with Hollywood elite when they come to dabble in saving whales, sharks, the Tongass rain forest, the Sudan, puppies, or ending cancer, AIDS and other worthy causes hoping that Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins or January Jone's looks would rub off on them.
This town is full of so many people that fit into the first category that DC sometimes proudly refers to itself as "Hollywood for Ugly People".
Ex. 1:Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke is not pretty, but when he walked out of my neighborhood CVS I stopped and stared.
Ex. 2: When I found out that Rahm Emanuel often goes to my favorite bar, Lola's, I decided I needed to go more.
So when this town celebrates its conventionally beautiful people - its "beltway bubble beauties" - it does it in the MOST awkward fashion possible, via a website and print magazine.
Please enjoy The Hill's 50 Most Beautiful People. (<---- CLICK THERE)
--
Nils Tillstrom
m. 503.449.8523
"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much it is whether we provide enough for those who have little"- Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment