Saturday, November 20, 2010

How I chose to start my 30s.

A few weeks back I decided that I hadn't spent enough time alone. I am my mother's son and a social butterfly, but there are moments were the friends, commitments, and receptions become too much and I long for a long walk through a neighborhood with my camera.

I decided that to start out November 20, 2010 I would have breakfast with myself at Billy Martin's Tavern in Georgetown - I think everyone who reads these posts has been here at least once. I have to thank Katherine from the bottom of my heart for taking me here first. But today finally, in the waning hours of my tedious tenure here, I am dining in Jack Kennedy's rumble seat while sipping a Bloody Mary, drinking coffee and putting away the Classic Eggs Benedict with Smithfield ham. Why oh why did I have the Eggs Florentine the first time I was here??

I did something uncharacteristic and added my scratch mark to the other names on the wall in front of me.

Off to the cathedral.

No comments:

Post a Comment